"The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go." — Dr. Seuss (I Can Read with My Eyes Shut)
Thomson Elementary School’s Library-Media Center is an interactive hub of information and technology for students, teachers and staff. Through flexible scheduling TES’ patrons have access throughout the school day to over 20,000 books, reference materials, computers, collections of videos/DVDs related to state standards and/or themes, software, Wright Group reading books, as well as science, social studies, and mathematics manipulatives and materials. Students come to the library-media center to return books and select new reading materials. Second and third grade classes come to conduct research or participate in state standard related lessons or stories. These lessons were planned cooperatively with the grade levels through curriculum mapping.
"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!" — Dr. Seuss (Oh, the Thinks You Can Think!)
The mission of the Thomson Elementary School Library-Media center is to enhance and reinforce the curriculum, goals, and the philosophy of the school through the use of all forms of media. Developing the love of reading and the joy of learning is our ultimate goal as both a library-media center and a school.
"You're off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting,
So... get on your way!"
— Dr. Seuss (Oh, the Places You'll Go!)
Hours of Operation:
- Students have access to the library-media center Monday through Friday, 7:50 a.m. – 2:50 p.m.
- Faculty and staff have access Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
"So be sure when you step, Step with care and great tact. And remember that life's A Great Balancing Act. And will you succeed? Yes! You will, indeed! (98 and ¾ percent guaranteed) Kid, you'll move mountains." — Dr. Seuss (Oh, the Places You'll Go!)
- Second and Third Grade – may check-out 2 books at a time
- Students may keep books for a two-week period. We do not charge overdue fines.
- Damage fees or replacement costs are charged for damaged or lost books.
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..." — Dr. Seuss (Oh, the Places You'll Go!)
Other Reading Opportunities:
- Students may test on books read from home libraries, public libraries, or other sources for additional points. To learn whether or not a particular title has a test or not, please use the following link to the Accelerated Reader book finder: http://www.arbookfind.com
- Students may also use the following link to view the Lexile level of titles they read: https://fab.lexile.com