What are we learning?
McDuffie County Schools QUEST Objectives (K-8)
- GT1 Creative Thinking Skills
- GT2 Problem Solving and Decision Making Skills
- GT3 Critical Thinking Skills
- GT4 Citizenship and Leadership Development
- GT5 Research and Reference
- Students will work on creative thinking skills.
- Students will work on problem solving and decision making skills using matrices and analogies.
- Students will work on Leadership skills.
- Students will learn how to work collaboratively in a group.
- Students will learn how to present ideas in group discussions.
- Students will learn how to research, plan, generate ideas and find multiple resources.
- Students will learn how to interpret information from graphs, tables, videos, maps and charts.
- Students will learn how to work collaboratively on STEM challenges and use the Engineering design process to solve problems.
- Students will learn how to use technology to present and communicate information with others.
QUEST report cards will be sent home in the QUEST folder at the end of each trimester. Report cards should be signed and returned promptly.
1st Trimester (Aug-Nov)
2nd grade-Dig Deep (Archaeology)
3rd grade- The Night Sky (Solar System)
2nd Trimester (Nov-Feb)
2nd grade- Rain forest
3rd grade- Ocean Habitats
3rd Trimester (Feb-May)
2nd grade-Weather-Forces of Nature
3rd Grade –Famous Inventors
Daily QUEST Schedule (time of day varies per grade level):
15 minutes Check In/Warm-ups
60 minutes PLTW Modules
30 minutes Higher Order Thinking Activity
2 hrs, 20 min Unit Lessons, total time
30 minutes Brain Games/STEM challenges
45 minutes Challenge Math